MANILA Philippines — After being named the worst airport in the world due to poor facilities, security concerns and bribery, NAIA management officials announced a name change to increase its ranking.
Ninoy Aquino International Airport’s daily operational manager Mark Francisco Tong was in hot water after the controversial airport was named the world’s worst airport by a website just the other day. To counteract the heat, Tong proposed a name change first before splurging money on costly renovations.
“We don’t want to be the worst in the world” Tong said, “We want to show the world that Filipinos are the best, that is why we are proposing a name-change to the airport.”
Airport management officials are mulling the candidates that would be included in the selection pool.
“Currently we have 11 choices in the pool. All are world-renowned Filipinos that are the best in what they do. And we believe that they would elevate our airport from worst to the best by their name alone.”
Below are the candidates: (Voting can be found at the bottom of this article)
- Mar Roxas – Mar Roxas International Airport or MARIA
- Manny Pacquiao & Piolo Pascual – Pacquiao Pascual International Airport or PAPAIA
- Batista – Batista International Airport or BATIA
- Diana Zubiri & Ara Mina – Diana & Ara International Airport or DIARIA
- Pork Barrel Scam Personalities – P***ang In* National & International Logistics Airport or P.I. NILA
- Dick Gordon and Nur Misuari – Gordon Nur International Airport or GONURIA
- Nicole Scherzinger – Pinay Pussycat National & International Airport or PPNIA
- Frank Drilon – Frank Drilon National & International Airport or SINO NILOLOKO NIA?
- Jejomar Binay – Athirst for Attention Superior International Airport or ATATSIA
- Charice Pempengco – Charice International Airport or CHARIA
- Congress of the Philippines – House of Plunderers International Airport or HOPIA
The selection committee will be accepting suggestions before next week’s deadline, and would decide on a final name via voting among its members.