MANILA, Philippines — In a just announced blockbuster deal, Team PNoy has formally revealed their acquisition of the country’s major television network; that will see their senatorial bets appear in various shows to boost their exposure, with just 2 weeks left in the campaign period.
During the launching of TMP-NOY, campaign manager and Senator Franklin Drilon explained the logic behind the purchase of ABS-CBN saying that instead of spending millions in 30-second advertising spots, the party decided to just buy the whole network instead and air shows featuring their candidates. He is set to replace outgoing Charo Santos-Concio as President and CEO of the station.
“Tutal wala na namang airtime limit ayon sa Supreme Court (The Supreme Court has stop the the imposing of airtime limit),” said Drilon. “So, susulitin na namin itong natitirang 2 weeks (We might as well make the most of the remaining 2 weeks).”
Here is the list of shows that will air starting this Monday:
- Bamdila – Late night news broadcast anchored by Bam Aquino replacing Julius Babao, Karen Davila, Ces Oreña-Drilon and Boy Abunda.
- Rated K for Kokote – A magazine show hosted by Senator Koko Pimentel where every episode tackles how he was cheated on the last election.
- Kabuhayang Hanep Na Hanep – An entrepreneurial and informative show hosted by Cynthia Villar; that features ways, means and techniques of how to start, setting up and maintaining a political dynasty.
- Maalaala Mo Poe Kaya – A drama/anthology hosted by Grace Poe-Llamanzares where she reads letters sent by viewers who overuses the word “po” when writing letters.
- May Isang pANGARAp – A drama series topbilled by Sonny Angara that tells the story of a kid and his journey to super-stardom who wishes to follow his dad’s footsteps.
- Nasaan Ka Risa? – A Philippine adaptation of the Chilean crime drama ¿Dónde está Riza? that centers around the disappearance of Risa Hontiveos from SWS surveys despite being way more experienced than other candidates.
- The Inside Story – Loren Legarda returns to national TV hosting her once defunct public affairs show in the same 60-minute newsmagazine format that proved to be successful in the past.
- Minute to Win It – A game show now hosted by Jamby Madrigal, replacing Luis Manzano; where contestants take part in a series of 60-second challenges in the hopes of winning an iPad.
- S.O.Coup – A reality television series that aims to find answers to serious crimes in government with the help of rebellion, mutiny, backdoor channeling and the occasional coup. It is hosted by Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.
- Compañero y Compañera – Another show revived that sees the son replacing his dad in hosting this public affairs show that last aired during the year 2001. Senator Allan Peter Cayetano will be joined by his sister, Senator Pia Cayetano.
- Be Careful With My Heart – The top rating daytime drama series will see a huge change in its story when Sir Chief, played by Richard Yap discovered a mystical amulet that transports him 29 years into the future. In the year 2042, Maya is still employed at the Lim residence and has yet to be told ” I love you” by her 74-year-old employer, played by senatorial candidate Ramon Magsaysay, Jr.
- Chiz TV – A morning lifestyle talk show hosted by Chiz Escudero that aims to focus on everyday lifestyle that both husbands, their ex-wives, their current girlfriends and her parents can relate to.
- Ina, Kapatid, Anak – A real life drama depicting the lives of an ina (mother), played by Kris Aquino, her brother Noynoy Aquino, and her sons Josh and Bimby. The network hopes to capture the imagination of the viewers to further strengthen the popularity of Kris Aquino, that the party is grooming for a presidential seat come 2016.
- Gandang Gabi Vice – Airing after Ina, Kapatid, Anak, this comedy variety talk show hosted by Mar Roxas hopes to condition the mind of the viewers into calling the Department of Interior and Local Government secretary as “VICE” to bolster his chances of winning the vice-presidential race alongside Kris Aquino come 2016.
Rumor has it that United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) also has similar plans to purchase a major television network. Stay tuned to So, What’s News for more updates.
What’s your favorite show announced so far? Leave your comments below.